Teachers: Support, Train and Retain
Laboratory science is new to a lot of teachers but Biotechnology is an exciting frontier and a journey for both teachers and students. At Georgia Bio, we’re here to help.
New for 2018: Summer Biotech Immersion program, June 4-8.
What is a Teacher Training?
- Day long training workshop in cutting edge laboratory science techniques and concepts
- Biotechnology teacher meetings to share best practices
- Resource sharing
What does Georgia BioEd do?
- We work with the Career Technical Agriculture Education (CTAE) to develop and execute the workshops and meetings for high school teachers.
- Bring an industry speaker to let teachers know what is cutting edge in the field/
Why does Georgia BioEd work with Biotechnology High School Courses?
- Georgia BioEd helped lay the groundwork, with grant funding, for the biotechnology curriculum in the high schools today.
- Georgia BioEd believes in sustainable efforts and accountability when it comes to funding. We want to be responsible stewards and ensure continuity and impact of our programs.
- Georgia BioEd wants to build a strong workforce pipeline so that students have access and opportunity in this important field; and so companies have a prepared workforce.
- Oh and we LOVE science! We hope you will too, if you don’t already.
Hear what others think:
“For a one day training the organizers did a good job of covering good content and efficiently managed to maximize the hands on lab work”.
“I like the arrangement with a speaker and a lab component!”
“It was exactly what I needed at the time!”
“This Biotech 101 training that I attended last week gave me the confidence to do labs, specifically micro pipetting. In my previous sessions I was letting the others in the group to do it and was only a witness to how they were doing. In the ELISA lab we did in this training I was able to understand the usage of the different versions of micro pipets. I am happy for my choice to attend this training on the last day of my summer break. I personally appreciate the human touch that you add to it all. Thank you again.” ~Josephine J.
Check our events calender for the next training!