The Georgia BioEd Institute is cultivating the future life science workforce in Georgia by supporting teachers and preparing students to address tomorrow’s challenges through biotechnology and health sciences innovation.
With your support, we can continue to offer professional development for teachers, provide laboratory supplies to classrooms, and reward student research in biotechnology. Together, we can expand our initiatives to reach 100,000 students at schools throughout Georgia. Your support will help us to introduce new initiatives to include a teacher leadership program, internships for teachers and students, and a statewide Chief Science Officer (CSO) program to empower students to lead local STEM activities, have a voice in statewide education and workforce discussions, and develop the communication, collaboration, and project management skills that employers are seeking.
There are several ways to support our mission:
- Become a Sponsor. You can contribute to our general fund (supporting our teacher professional development and Equipment Depot initiatives), or to a specific event/program: Golf Outing, Casino Night, BioGENEius Challenge. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Make an individual contribution to support our efforts via our secure online donation portal.
- Participate in the Casino Night Gala & Auction fundraiser at the close of the Georgia Bio Innovation Summit, October 24, 2017.
- Participate in our annual Swings Fore STEM Golf Outing fundraiser, in spring 2018.
- Donate laboratory supplies and equipment to our Equipment Depot for distribution to K-12 schools
- Exhibit under the Georgia Life Sciences Industry Tent at the 2018 Atlanta Science Festival Exploration Expo, sharing your company’s innovations and discoveries with 20,000 curious people.
- Join our mailing list to stay informed about volunteer opportunities to help with our programs.
We invite you to join in our mission. Please contact us to discuss potential partnerships.