TAG-ED Summer Internships – High School Students
Georgia BioEd is proud to partner with TAG-Ed on their Summer Internship Program. TAG-Ed focuses on technology but each year receives applications from students interested in biotech and medtech; that is where we come in. We are currently seeking opportunities for students at your company. Companies please apply directly with TAG-Ed here.
About the Program:
- Download the Program Overview
- The TAG-Ed Summer Internship Program provides real-world experiences for high-achieving students with strong STEM aptitude. Students are placed in companies interested in investing in STEM talent and impacting the future technology workforce. Matches are based on related interests, qualifications, and project requirements.
- The internship is for five (5) consecutive weeks, with interns working an average 20-30 hours/week. Students are paid $200 per week by their host company for a total stipend of $1,000 at the end of the completed assignment.
- January 15 – Student applications open
- January 30 – Company applications open
- Mid April – July 3 – Internship placements/assignments
- June 1 – August 14, 2015 – Time period for internships to be completed
Company Requirements for Participation:
- Companies contribute a $1,250 to participate. This covers an intern’s stipend and the costs of running the program.
- Companies must offer student mentoring and feedback to the school’s internship coordinator.
- Some scholarships are available for startups and non-profit organizations who would like to host an intern.
What can a high school student do?
Our most frequently asked question by potential host companies is, “What kind of projects can a high school student even do?” TAG-Ed interns are carefully screened and matched based on the host company’s application. These are not your average students — many have 4.0 GPAs, incredible extracurricular involvements, and most importantly, a passion for STEM careers. By being a mentor, you are shaping a student’s career path and strengthening Georgia’s future workforce.
Want to know what a high school student can achieve? Check out the TAG-Ed Intern Profile.
Student internship applications are now being accepted HERE.
Company applications will be available January 30th, 2015!
Undergraduate / Graduate / Postdoc Openings
Host an Internship- Companies, seeking interns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!